Traditional Marriage Ceremonies
Your wedding day is one of the most important and exciting moments in your life. There are so many decisions to make and so much planning that goes into creating this special day.
I would be honoured to help you create the meaningful wedding ceremony you have always envisioned.
If you prefer a more in-depth ceremony, we can include special vows, poems, and other items which we will discuss during our meeting. I will advise you how to obtain your marriage license, ensure it is completed correctly, and advise you how to change your name (if you wish to do so).
With Kingston and the surrounding area being such a beautiful place to call home, I am happy to consult with you on your ceremony location. I can perform a ceremony at your home, city hall, coffee shops, local restaurants, community parks and popular wedding venues.
I have experience performing ceremonies together with interpreters for French, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese and Deaf couples. I will provide the legal paperwork required for the Province when interpreters are utilized.
For traditional ceremonies, I encourage couples to meet with me early in the process so that they have time to think about what they want in a ceremony. Meetings can be in person or for couples living outside Kingston, via skype.
During our meeting:
- I will listen to what you would like to have in your ceremony and I can provide guidance in selecting various poems, unity ceremonies, personal vows, etc.
- I will review the legal documentation required to be married (especially, if divorced);
- We will discuss how to obtain your licence, including area licence fees;
- I can provide guidance/suggestions to you in your wedding planning;
- I will provide you with a "welcome to new couples" package.
I am easily accessible via e-mail from our first meeting until the day of the ceremony.
Your wedding day is as important to me as it is to you!
For more information, please refer to my Client Referrals